Translate

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Wednesday already

Another warm day, not as hot as yesterday perhaps but lovely. Overcast for a while this morning but bright and sunny by afternoon, and that's the weather where we are....

Just finished Gone Girl this evening and if you haven't read it, it's worth the read. I got into it from the start and then it seemed to bog down for awhile in the middle and I wondered if I was going to finish it but it was just too compelling to leave uncompleted. Persevering, it picked up again and I couldn't put it down. It amazes me how an author can conceive of such an unusual style, mixing the past and the present from two different points of view. Very creative and I thought it was going to be difficult to keep sorted out but that style just kept me engaged to the very end. Just a note, and not a spoiler, these are not nice people!! A few months ago Shelagh Rodgers on Between The Covers did a segment called "If you liked that, you are going to love this" and the books were Gone Girl and The Silent Wife, in that order. I have the latter and it's my book club choice for April. I think it's too soon for me to pick up so I am going to finish Ten Lords A Leaping first and then I might be ready for another psychological thriller. I am too thrilled to continue with that genre for a few days!!

It's so different for us this year with Chris and Laura and The Littles not in Orlando and not seeing them every second day. We miss them very much. They were really the focus of the March visit. We are having a great time, vacationing. Terry and Linda White stopped in tonight to tell us where the Friday night get together was taking place. We will be there for sure to catch up with the other folks from Pictou County. We heard that last Friday's party was quite a success.

Golf will probably be postponed tomorrow as the weather is expected to be  wet. We are playing on Saturday, early. One thing about Florida weather is that it doesn't stay bad for long. Here and gone. Like the rain. Good thing as so many people are relying on good!

That's about it for now. It would be great to get a full night's sleep. It's just not working for me and I am not sure now to correct the terrible sleep pattern. I can fall asleep but I cannot stay asleep. From two-thirty on, it's nap, nap, nap, with long periods of wakefulness inbetween. ugh! Maybe tonight will be different.

HOpe all is well where you are. We're doing great. Till the next time!

1 comment:

  1. Just found your 2014 blog and got all caught up. So glad you post -- it's fun to hear how your travels are going. Enjoy your time. It's been such a long, cold, brutal winter up north I'm reluctant to say much more on FB about lovely warm sunny weather in FL or that I'm off to the beach or pool or it's too hot to golf. Had a wonderful cruise last week with half my kids. It was a lot of fun. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete