Translate

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Monday at the Mall

I had planned a day at the Florida Mall but a day was just too much to handle. I am a terrible shopper and after Nordstrom and Dillards, I was ready to leave. Did a little damage in the latter ladies dept but I am totally awed by the quantity of everything in the stores. Thousands of dresses in every store. Just can't do that! From there we made our way to Downtown Disney which really isn't to be missed on a tour of central florida. It's just the cradle of Disney shopping and everything you can imagine is there, if it's Disney related. It amazes me that people pay the prices in these shops. I am a bit discriminating when I shop. If I want something, generally I buy it but when I see something I like, I may not just buy it for the sake of buying it. If it's in an outlet and the price is irresistible, then that's different but the Christmas ornaments in the Disney stores are just south of $20 each and even the second nicest ones are fifteen. I bought a mug and I pay whatever the price for a mug I like because I will use it and use it and each time it will bring forth a memory of some part of the trip. My collection of Disney and trip related mugs is getting pretty large but each one is special. None are tacky; they are just sweet. So by four we made our way back to 124. We had eaten at Raglan Road at DD, an Irish style pub which was pretty nice. Like I said, PEOPLE and CHILDREN!! Probably should have gone at night. The parking was an experience in itself but we made it in and out, a master driver behind the wheel, and were happy to be in to see Dancing With The Stars and call it a Florida night.

On Sunday we found a Texas Roadhouse that we didn't know was standing in the area. We used to love the one on John Young but it disappeared a few years ago. Our first visit to Texas Roadhouse was on the recommendation of Doug Eddy, our dear and loved friend who died too soon. We have been going to that restaurant whenever we could find one as the steaks are worth the visit and are always done perfectly. Mike likes the ribs. me, not so much. Anway we ate there and were back for the curling at six thirty. It seems that we were the only people in this area who had the curling on our cable system. Not great commentators, mind you, but not too bad. A disappointing result for the Homan team but silver is sterling and upon some reflection, they must be proud of themselves to have gone through the round robin in such a stellar fashion and then, with only two ends to go, unfortunately the wheels fall off and it became the Swiss game. They were a great representation of Canadian curling.

We have had a slight glitch in our plans for these last couple of days but that's what happens when you make plans: life steps in. Today I sorted and piled and added and such. We have an errand to do this afternoon and then likely a quiet evening. All is pretty well. The pool is still warm and I have been in it almost daily. Overcast today and a light rain caused us to cancel our golf yesterday although it didn't rain here; that doesn't mean it didn't pour all over the golf course. Rain in Florida usually falls when it's forecast. The weather systems blow across this flat peninsula and nothing stops them: not a sizeable hill to be found. The systems come in and go out but they do bring rain from time to time. You never see a puddle as the sand absorbs the moisture almost as quickly as it lands. Funny place, Florida. Yet we love it.

HOpe all is well and that the impending storm doesn't bother you too much. We will head out for St Louis on Thursday morning and try to get trough Atlanta after and before heaviest traffic. I'll be back tomorrow with the last Florida post and then, it will be from Georgia the following night. Take care everyone, be safe through the nasty weather. Thinking about all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment