Translate

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Sunday in the Sunshine State

Vacation is starting off just right. there wasn't a cloud in the sky this morning and the day continued in that fashion. Just a lovely day. We sat out this morning and enjoyed the sunshine. I was totally wasted, I have to admit. So tired. I felt like a truck had driven over me and then backed up for a second crack. Really it was late afternoon before I was coming around. I planned to go to Mass in Celebration but regrettably I was just too exhausted to get dressed and go. Chris called early this morning and when I told him my situation, he told me not to worry that Jesus was a sport and would understand that I just wasn't able to do it today! Hope he's right. The walk through Celebration after Sunday Mass is really not to be missed so we will go next week.

Red McKean dropped in for a quick hi before he headed to the Celebration walk. Eddie Hudry and Billy Mac Millan dropped in this afternoon. They are staying down the street and have been playing golf every day for the past 29 days. What troopers. Wilma phoned and she and Lowell are coming over later in the week for a visit.  That will be fun. I went over to Target this afternoon just before closing time to see if they have an optical dept but they don't. I am planning to get sun glasses made and have to find the place that does them. I suspect Walmart does but I think the closest one is in Hanes City. Not a problem but I wasn't going there today.

The volume of people in this area is quite astounding. Apparently by May, it's rather quiet but right now it's a happening place. Lots of Nova Scotia cars. We missed the Friday night gathering at Allan and Anne's so will have to count on next week. We could have it here for that matter.

Our first Key LIme Pie is history. Actually I just bought a half a pie as there is always another one at Publix and we have to exercise some restraint. I didn't come all this way to gain weight. Mike is enjoying a day of rest. We may watch some of the Academy Awards tonight. I am missing the Brier. Supposedly we should be able to get it on the internet but I haven't been able to find it. Still trying to get CBC live radio.

Well now you took the time to find this blog and read...pretty dull day I would have to say. I started reading Gone Girl and find it quite engaging so far but I understand that these are not nice people. Also persevering with Ten Lords A Leaping and that's a disappointment at this point. Perhaps just a slow section but I like everything else about the book, just the pace is a bit on the draggy side. As I said, I talked to Chris this morning and they are recognizing that March used to be spent with the parents and this year it's not. He said he will be satisfied with a week later on. Things change and life goes on.

The weather man says more of the same for the next few days so it will be more of the same for us too. Mike is planning to play golf with the friends and we will get out soon too. Not here long enough to rush!! Hope your day is going well. I'll be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment