Translate

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Catching up

Everyone is gone and I checked to see how many were here and came up with thirty, counting us. Thirty one if we count the air conditioner repair man.

 But first ..Wednesday we played golf early, and finished at noon. By the time we had lunch and made our way home, I was ready for the pool and a good soak. I am really enjoying the pool thi year for some reason. We don't do much at night and both of us were really tired Wednesday night.

I am a guerilla shopper in that I try to get into a store and get out asap and without doing too much damage. That has pretty well been the pattern for years, unless I am at Samuel and Co in Hfx in January...that's when I take my time. So we did a bit of running through the Kohls and Bealls stores and a hit or two at Marshalls. I don't have much to show for my efforts but a few things ticked off the short list. I was in Joann and got material for a quilt project I am going to do with the Guild next year and when I got home, even when there, I suspected that the wrong price had been charged and it appears that they have almost twenty dollars of my money. Back there today to rectify that situation. I did well early in the visit but it seems that I am now holding out for shopping in Missouri where spring is just arriving. Perhaps some winter things still on the racks since winter seems to last so long in the north.

Yesterday we went to the Lakeridge Winery for a seafood and wine show. It was that kind of day that we were all meant to be alive and enjoy...sitting under massive shade trees, drinking cold  white wine, eating a crab cake, listening to a great bluesy jazzy band, with a breeze. How good is that? Unfortunately Mike made a bad menu choice and he was disappointed but we decided next year we would eat the meat and avoid the seafood which was mostly deep fried and all tasted the same, according to him. My crab cake was grilled and actually tasted better. When we got home I hopped into the pool to cool off and then we got ready for the Pictou County Social.

Just before everyone arrived I noticed that the house was a bit on the warm side and had to call the home management company. The thought of twenty people here in the house, in and out of the door, required some intervention. Within a half hour the repair man was here, fixed the problem and the thirty or so of us were comfortable. It was a great turnout. Some people were leaving today, folks who had been here since early or mid January. Nancy and John Young are on their way to NS, Terry and Linda White are en route to Myrtle. Joyce and Pat MacDonald are headed to Alma and I believe there might be another couple heading out too. The street is thinning out. The cars around here! You have to be on the alert when you hit reverse and start out of the driveway.

Off to the Art Sidewalk Festival momentarily, in Winter Park. Be back later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment