Translate

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Florida Rain

Rain in Florida is amazing. It comes, often without a lot of warning, and just pounds down and then stops. We are in the pounding stage right now and as I haven't been watching the weather channel, have no idea when it's supposed to stop. That's part of the semi isolation I feel when I am here: at home I listen to local radio and often check the weather network to see what's in store but here, none of the above. I confess that I listen to cbc in the early morning and today I listened to Stephanie Domet for a bit when fixing supper but the absence of regional news is odd. Used to reading two papers each morning I feel very out of the loop. Are we at war with New Brunswick?

We had pancakes and sausages for Shrove Tuesday this evening. I miss Lent each year when we are here and last year we left early enough to get home for Easter. That won't be an issue this year as Easter is so late.

We played golf this morning and had a great time. The course wasn't lush (Terry Dorey wanted to play on a LUSH course) but this one was quite nice. Everything in fine condition. Lots of water and an array of wildlife. Birds in abundance: big ones and small ones; bunnies too. We are going back on Saturday. We hit the hot deal of the day. This morning the hot deal was at Providence which is close by (and LUSH) but we already had a tee time and stuck with it. We will be checking the mail around five thirty each morning for a repeat of that one. I think everyone in Florida is looking for a hot dear, either with a coupon for a meal or at Bealls or at a golf course. Pouring over the fliers on the weekend; paying no attention to them during any other month but March. Funny.

Still waiting for the FedEx man with my bank card. They told me it could arrive tomorrow. What an inconvenience. Was told that an automatic message was phoned to me on the 11th of October. How many times have you answered the phone an heard "congratulations" or "this is a message about your credit card" and promptly hung up?! I wonder if that happened to me on the 11th of October and I hung up when I heard one more automated message? I can't help but think there is a better way, albeit more time consuming for the bank, to advise of such an event. No one can answer that dilemma.

We were going to attend the fireworks at Disney but for the rain; maybe tomorrow night. Doesn't start till ten, changed from eight.

It was another beautiful day, great for early morning golf. Did a couple of errands after we got back and then continued vacationing! All is well; sounds cold in the northern states and in NS. Hang in there if that's where you are.  I'll be back tomorrow. Happy Lent! What are you giving up? I think I will stop complaining about all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment