Translate

Thursday, March 13, 2014

It was a little cool today

I was looking at a nearly full moon tonight and I wondered if anyone else was looking at it and being awed by the wonder of the universe. One night, long before my MOther died, I was talking to her on the phone and she commented that she was looking out at the moon and so was I, at that very same time.. It made me feel very close to her that night and every time I take a moment and gaze at the sky like that I wonder if anyone I know and love or even like is doing the same. I was in the pool at the time, although this wasn't an especially warm day. I needed the relaxation of the water. Nothing does it quite like water. It was like being in the bathtub and the water didn't get cold and you had to get out. It just stayed beautifully warm and when it was totally dark, I got out.

Mike and I went to Largo today and had a little visit with Roger and Maureen. She made a great soup for lunch and we had sandwiches and date squares and muffins. They always make us feel so welcomed. We saw Sheila and her kids and Stephen, so it's now the Smith Kids and Kiddies. It's an adventurous drive through Tampa I have to say. Mike is a warrior and he doesn't mind but I am white-knuckling it all the way. I was like the Pope when I got home, kissing the ground. I didn't actually do it but I remembered when he got off the plane  in North America and kissed the ground. I was that grateful for a safe drive home!! Not kidding.

Yesterday we went to the Mall of/at Milennia which is one of my favorite places to visit. The only place I see Crate and Barrel is there so I did a great crawl through and bought a few small things. Also went to TeaVAnna  and Williams Sonoma, two more faves. There's a gadget store there that Mike likes very much and we did that one too. He looked at watches at Breitling (I am not getting these spellings correct), which is where the pro athletes buy their bling timepieces. Looked at one for $85K if you can imagine. Last night we were at Allan and Anne's for drinkies with a few of the local residents. Not a real late night but later than usual. The days are clicking by.

Coming home today it was brutally obvious that there are many crazy drivers on the highways. People don't stay in their lanes. Constantly zipping out, cutting in, out again and back. Really you have to have your wits about you at every moment. There isn't a second to spare...you have to be glued to the road and your space. I find it terrifying. There is a great deal of construction going on in this state, both on the roads and it home/office/recreational development, all good of course.

Spent a lot of time today on the hunt for new digs for 2015. I am about to throw in the towel unless something turns up. Mike suggested I just let it go and wait till we get home to make a dedicated attempt. I am fearful that I will miss the good one. Right now I have emails in to several, and I mean several, owners/agents. Being hopeful every time I open my mail.

That's about it for now. Our darling grand-girl Jocelyn turns five tomorrow and we are so disappointed that we aren't with her to celebrate this important birthday. I suppose we have been blessed that we spent five March(s) with her and saw her blow out candles on four cakes. All the same I am terribly lonely today and can't wait to see her and her precious little goblin sister Bhreagh later this month. We hope to be in Missouri on the 29th.

HOpe that bad weather I heard about (on CBC Information Morning today) didn't materialize to it's potential. It certainly sounded like NB was getting a blast. I know there was lots of water in Pictou County.

We have plans for the next two days. If the spirit and flesh are in sync we will be on the road fairly early and be back safe for supper. Not eating out as much this trip. Will be back tomorrow and I hope you are all well and swell, till then!!

No comments:

Post a Comment