Translate

Friday, March 14, 2014

Friday in a line up of traffic

I spent the morning on line trying to find another house, or a condo, or a town house...a place to stay. I don't have much patience after awhile and between the lap top and my tablet, it's not like I am getting the smooth communications I am accustomed to. It's slow. It would be great to make a phone call and have it all happen. Well that isn't going to happen. I expect to have the issue resolved in a day or three. If not, we will wait till we get home and do it from there. It's just taking too much energy and I am losing interest quickly.

This afternoon we were headed for my outing to the Florida Mall when a warning light appeared on the dash of the car and since this hadn't happened before, we thought it was appropriate to check out a Honda dealership and find out the problem. Well at home I would shoot over to Ceilidh and that would be that. It's now quite the same here. We had to first of all find a dealership/service center, then get there and then on and on. Of course this is a Canadian car with Canadian codes...I will spare you the details but to say that we were there for a bit north of two hours and left after being told that they couldn't do anything due to the Canadian nature of the car (?) but that we would be fine to drive for several thousand miles and when we got home, have it checked at our Honda dealership. Not sure how that is going to work but the second last car I had, the engine light would come on and I would go to the dealership; it would go off and then on again...well that went on for months. Finally they did something that caused it not to appear again. Hoping this is the same kind of thing: sensors are very sensitive and they respond to various things. Often, most often it seems, there is nothing to be concerned about. We are hoping that's the case here.

Did you have Pi(e) today, on 3.14? I had key lime. Did my thing for Pi day. Next year it will be a real Pi day as the date will be 3.1415!!

It's dark now and almost bed time. We are having dinner with Laura's parents tomorrow night. I am hoping to do a bit of shopping tomorrow. Still trying to find a black jacket, which doesn't sound much like a tall order but it's not simple. I may just lost interest in this quest. Nothing on for Sunday at this point.

Hope all is well in your nest; glancing at the title of this blog...on our way home this afternoon, highway 4 was a bit like a parking lot. We were in the supper time line up and it's slow slow. Our patience should be much improved after this trip as we see heavy traffic every day. It just doesn't go away. all these people going somewhere and some of them are very very important!!! So that's it for Friday, take care and stay safe. I'll be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment