Translate

Monday, March 3, 2014

Sunny Monday

We did our first foray out to the shopping centers today. I had collected a number of coupons from Joann's and wanted to be sure to get the few things that were on my list. No one buys at regular prices at Joann's. You just don't do it. I had about eight coupons for 40% off single items so that made it quite easy. I had a few requests from friends and a few things I wanted myself. When I left, the receipt indicated I had saved $70 and I had paid $112 so that worked out quite well.  I buy things I need there; I have limited myself over the past couple of years to buying things I use. That may sound obvious but often I had been buying items I thought I couldn't live without but now I am a bit more determined to get things I am going to use. I got a new ruler and FusibleFleece which is $5 more at Atlantic Fabrics, and I got it for 40% off. That was my best purchase. Got enough to share with a friend. Also got a good book and a rotary mat for Kate which came in at $21.50.

It's hot today. We did a bit of driving around and ate lunch at an interesting pub so supper will be light tonight. Looking for a tee time for tomorrow but not sure if I will be successful. It seems to take a long time to find the right combination of price and location. If we wanted to pay $80 to $100 or more, it would be simple. That's just not realistic. That's per person, by the way. No real rush. I guess when you are on vacation the urge is to start vacationing as soon as you can!

Tended to a few more details today. We are almost ready! We seemed to have more than the usual number of issues to solve this year but things seem to be falling into place. Finally.

Terrible sleep again last night. I could use a good solid eight hours but even seven would be fantastic.

Nothing exciting to report today but my guys and girls are reading and they know that some days are diamonds and some are stones. Watched the Academy Awards last night but  I didn't have much invested in who won or lost. Just enjoyed seeing Ellen do such a great job.

That's about it for now. HOpe your day was great and that all is well in your nest. I'll be back!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your warm weather; oh so cold here ⛄️⛄️⛄️
    CWL tonight; your committee met after the meeting.
    Tell Mike I'm watching The Bachelor now.

    ReplyDelete