Translate

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Sidewalk Art Show in Winter Park

Winter Park is a little spot north of the city of Orlando although I suspect their addresses read Orlando as well...close to Maitland where Chris used to work. This is our first time at the art show but it won't be our last. What a lovely event.

It's held in Central Park and the streets that border and intersect it are closed off and lined with kiosks each housing an artist of one kind or another...and of course, the dozens of food vendors serving all sorts of delicious and interesting drinks and foods. Not the carnival kinds of deep friers but smoothies and fruity things and that type of thing. There were many photographic artists, lots of jewellery, some glass...most beautiful. Pottery and leather. A pencil artist I loved. Took his card and want to share his style with an artist friend of ours. You would have admired his work, Herbie!! Sculptors, metal workers; really name it. Oils, acrylics, watercolors; flowers, faces, boats, oceans. Large. small and everything inbetween. I may have missed something, like mixed media...it was there too. On the outer rim of all this were interesting shops and boutiques and restaurants with patios. Just a lovely event. Laura's parents go every year and now we know why. If you are here, you ought to try and see it. Always this time, late in March. Just after the wine festival. Gotta love the things to do.

Dinner with the neighbours tonight. We had a swim when we got back from Winter Park and it's a warm day here. Perhaps one of the warmest but not scorching. Low humidity which helps.

So Mass at Celebration in the morning. I will have to run to Winter Garden to Joann and get my money back sometime after that. I could go myself but Mike doesn't mind driving me around. HOpe all is well in your camp. We are counting sleeps now till heading to O'Fallon. I need a big map to get a good picture of where I am going, instead of going from page to page in the Michelin map book. Stay in touch friends, March is almost gone. I'll be back in a day or so; golf Monday morning early and likely I will play only nine as I was pretty tired after 18 earlier in the week. Cheeers for now!

1 comment:

  1. Love reading your blog entries and hearing of all your "doings". Sounds like you are having a great vacation in this SS and have booked again for next year. My winter is going well and right now I have son, Dave, and grandson, Bauer, with me to be joined next week by Nadine and Sean. So nice to spend time with them and enjoy the fun Florida warmth and activities. Keep posting.

    ReplyDelete