Translate

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Is it time to go already?

I can't believe its time to leave already. We like to vacate the state before the big rush of snowbirds but it seems like we ought to have another week. The car is in the garage so we cwn pack easily in the early morning and everything is ready to be stowed. We need a bigger car!

 the plan is to leave at five. We fueled up after supper at Chilis. The past three years we ate there the night before lift off. Then we dropped over to see Allan and Anne for a bit and then back here to finsh up. Whe n we are getting ready to come, it seems to take a lot of deciding...what to take and what to leave behind...but coming home, you have to take everything. Not doing as much food as we are driving oly sixteen hours this jaunt. We want to get out of Georgia tomorrow.

So...vacation is almost done. I am making lists in my head, of things that need doing. I brougt my fiddle with me and didn't practice a dozen times. That disappoints me. Should have done better. It will take me days to get back to where I wa s when we letft. Too bad.I had two new tunes with me to work on and I didn't work through either of them.

Time for bed. The last few things can only be done in the morning. I'll try to get a post done tomorrow night when we touch down.

Hope the storm is finished in NS and that no one was too inconvenienced. I'll be back whenI can, hoping for happy landings.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so it's about 5am for you and I guess you're getting on the road! Not sure when you'll see this, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Interesting way to spend a birthday! Hopefully you will have internet an your hotel tonight, and you can look for us on Skype!

    Love,

    Rika and Aaron

    ReplyDelete