Translate

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Tuesday done and gone

The days seem to go by in pairs. It's Tuesday evening at 304 and we had company yesterday and today. Wilma and Lowell arrived yesterday  mid-morning and we had a swell time with them. Played bridge and did a tour of the area and today we played golf at Royal St Cloud which is about a forty minute drive from here. Long drive to find a golf course. I am a nine hole golfer. A bad nine hole golfer at that. I find that once I start the tenth hole, I am losing interest, I am tired and ready to call it quits. Perhaps if I played more and was better at the game I would feel differently. For now, I am a disappointing fourth in the group and I just contribute nothing for those last nine holes. Got a lot of sun today and I feel pretty awful this evening.

It appears that someone keyed my car door during the past few days. Mike waxed it shortly after we got here and then after a day of rain, he washed it again and the scroll was on the door. What a shame and such a pointless act of vandalism. The scratch is right through the paint and can't be rubbed out like some more inconsequential marks can be. A parking lot event most likely. Very annoying.

The pool is warming up. Yesterday morning the pool cleaner was here and then in the afternoon as we were sitting out playing bridge, the mower went by the back of the house and the driver zipped up and down between the houses and when he hit the mulch, sprayed grit all over the surface of the water. I had to call the service to come back and clean it off as there is no skimmer here to deal with that kind of dirt. What a mess it made. I absolutely hate calling someone to come and deal with a problem here at the house. This is the second time I have had to do it...a few days after we got here, the remote controls for the tv were jumbled on the table and totally scrambled the important buttons. Hard to explain but we couldn't get the set back on and had to call the service. We felt quite incapable of taking care of ourselves! Help! We cannot get the television on!! GAWD!! Who ever let us out!?

A few details to take care of tomorrow and it's the middle of the week already. A couple of interesting events going on this weekend so we will probably be on the road Friday and Saturday. This is certainly a different trip for us than in the past, as I have said before. Different is not bad, just different. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods; stay in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment