Translate

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Warm Saturday

Well today is Florida warm and Florida humid and my hair is wilting as I type this. Between today's humidity and the chlorine in the pool my hair is looking really bad. Anyway that's ok; that's why they make FrizzEze hair spray. You can have Margaret Thatcher hair that stays put all day if you use it first thing in the morning. I love it!

Friday we decided to take a road tour and headed north to look at some real estate. If we weren't staying close to Chris I would love to camp out in Claremont. It's beautiful in that area and most days that we were there you could smell the oranges, either blossoms or the fruit. It's higher than other parts of Florida and a bit hilly and you feel like you are in a fresh new open area. Just lovely. Lots of places to play golf if that interests you and great shopping and as it's not a huge metropolitan area, it just feels great there. We played at Legends last year and  loved it. From here it's about 40 minutes. We had lunch at a so-so place on the road and were back in time to collect Chris. Friday is pizza night and we ordered in. Home before dark but there was some rain overnight and patchy rain during the evening.

This morning I made fishcakes to take over to Chris and Laura and had a long chat with Wilma. We listened to Weekend Morning, or I listened...I dashed a quick email off to Stan in response to a song he had played (Ballad of Davey Crockett) and after the seven thirty news, he said "Anne Mattie is listening in Davenport this morning and her husband Mike put on his Davey Crockett hat last night while they visited with their son Chris in Orlando." Mike brought that coon skin hat with him and threatened to wear it when we were crossing the border but didn't...it was in the back seat of the car and when we all went out to head home, he put it on and he and Chris had a chuckle over the thing. When the song came on this morning, I couldn't resist sending the mail to Stan.

We headed over to see the kids and went out to one of our regular spots in The Loop for a late lunch. Those Littles are so good in a restaurant and so entertaining. Jocelyn has quite a sense of humour for a four-year-old. Bhreagh calls me Boppie for some reason and it's too funny to hear her call me that...Boppie and Poppie. She is quite a character also. A chatter box like her Daddy was at her age. Chris would chatter on and on in his own language and she's doing the exact same thing.

We have started to count days. Palm Sunday; golf on Monday; Wilma and Lowell may come over on Tuesday and Wednesday we are spending the day with the kids. Thursday is lift off. Yikes. I will have to get my head into that schedule tomorrow. In the meantime, we are still here and it's all good. Hope the snow is disappearing in Pictou County. I can't believe there were two storms this past week. Not performance for late March.

I'll be back tomorrow; stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment