Translate

Friday, March 15, 2013

How quickly a week goes by

The pool is warmbut the  air temperature is still pretty brisk but that's really ok with me. It's one of those spectacular Florida weeks. Brian and Leslie just left for a  couple of days in New Orleans and fly out to Sask on Saturday, tomorrow I believe. We had a great time with them and they got to see some friends who are still in the state. They visited some Disney properties and had a general good time. After they left we headed out and looked over a few golf courses. We are playing on Monday for the first time at a course fairly nearby.

Thursday we drove to Apopka and did a bit of retail therapy there. Visited an indredible shopping area in Winter Garden that has everything imaginable. These shopping areas are so well laid out as there is so much real estate in Florida that everything is spread out and there is lots of parking and a real leisurely feel about the complexes. Winter Garden is about a 25 minute drive from here so really it's not even like going to Hfx to shop. I checked out a Joann Fabric there with my long list of things I was searching for but as wild as it may seem, they didn't have the items I was looking for. Or the quantity in some cases. I had a great session in the pool after we got back and it feels so good to be in the water. In the course of swimming around I kicked the side of the pool and almost lost two toes. I think I may lose a toenail on one and they are both pretty bruised and really sore. The olympic swim team has nothing to fear from me.

Today we went to Tampa to a home show first of all and then to a woodworking show. Mike has been inteerested in going to the wws for a few years and we finally made it today. I believe I now understand how he feels when he is wandering around a quilt store with me because I never saw so many things that I had absolutely no idea what they would be used for. Some things were pretty obvious and we sat and watched a few videos on wood turning that I was quite interested in. I guess we were there for about four hours and standing and walking on concrete takes a toll on one's hips. We are both pretty sore tonight. We ate on the way back so just tea this evening. I am actually ready for bed.

Yesterday was Jocelyn's actual birthday so we were there for supper last night and had cake and baloons and all that. She was pretty excited. Her mom and dad had brought balloons and cupcakes to her school  in the afternoon and she got to wear a badge that said "birthday girl" all day at school. Bhreagh is still not feeling very well and the dear little thing was rather unhappy last night when we were there. It's so difficult to console a baby. She would have nothing of ir, just wanted her MaMa. By the time we were leaving she seemed to be a bit better but she had had a difficult evening. They are going out of town tomorrow to help friends pack for a move that none of them are looking forward to.

We have a couple of things on the calendar for the next two days and will start with a farmers market at Hunters Creek which is close to our favorite retail area The Loop. No idea what to expect; kind of hoping for a garage sale environment but not sure. That's first thing tomorrow. I'll be back on the weekend. HOpe all is well where you are and thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment