Translate

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Here we are in Richmond VA

Richmond was our target today and we pulled out of 304 at five past five, just a few minutes behind schedule. I had a restless sleep and of course it's so hard to leave The Littles. We went out to one of our favorite places yesterday, The Pub at Pointe Orlando. It's a rather authentic English pub and the food is great. Mike and Chris tried a cask beer which they found tasty. I stuck with that brown  Sam Adams that I always drink in the US. We had as appetizers a Scotch egg, goat cheese with a zippy sauce and deep fried pickles.  Mike had the pot roast, Chris the shepherds pie, Laura had a fab sandwich and I had the Reuben which was the best I had on this trip. :  Apologies for the typos. I am doing this on my tab and it's more difficult than on the lap top.We had two servings of a bread pudding with a custard and scotch sauce and cheesecake for desert.  The interior of this restaurant is dark wood and amber lights. I think Mike took photos which I will add later.

I am amazed at the traffic here in the south. NC and SC have terrible I95 roads. Only two lanes each
way and it becomes so congested. Imagine the road to Hfx with ten times the traffic and not one area with three lanes. Faster faster faster and no where to go. Pass three trucks and discove five more ahead of you and someone on your back bumper. I hate it. Tomorrow won't be much better. Probably as fast but not quite as furious.

It's another bright and sunny day but cool.

 We droppped into the leCreuset outlet in SC and I got a frying pan. I have enough casseroles at this point and one only cooks so much. I have a great sized orange oval casserole which is my go-to pot and last year I bought a big braising pan with a cover that's perfect for bigger things, but not as big as the kiwi big boy that I cook turkeys in. And of course the red one for apple crisp... but now that's it. I have enough. The only problem with these items is that they are heavy. You just don't pick them up with one hand, or even try to for that matter.

So early to bed tonight and we will get out around five tomorrow. I would like to be in Massachusetts or New Hampshire tomorrow night. That will mean another long day and believe it or not, we will go through parts of six states, little bits and seven if we get to Maine. Hope things are well with you. Jane, thanks so much for your comments. I love hearing from you. Carolyn suggested a date for the OBR in August but I had to tell her I was uncertain this year; we are expecting all of the children and spouses and Littles this summer in August so I will need to hear their plans before making any of my own. I am sure it will all be fine.

So thanks for reading. I should be back tomorrow night, from the north!!

No comments:

Post a Comment