Translate

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Quiet Sunday

After three days of being on the hop we decided to keep a very low profile today and stay close to the nest. We visited two flea markets (Mike loves going to FM's) and did some grocery shopping and called it a day. Brian and Leslie had gone to visit friends yesterday and stayed overnight so I cooked supper when they came home. not something I do often...but we didn't feel like doing the restaurant thing so we had Pesto Chicken Ziti and that was supper. Girl Scout cookies for dessert. Not too complicated.

While outside we struck up a conversation with the people next door who are from Ontario and to make it short, they wanted to see our place as they were pretty disappointed with theirs. For good reason as I saw later. They were bowled over by 304 which was less per month than theirs and they have a long list of complaints for the homeowner when they leave. Basically their house is dated and neglected looking. They are pretty disappointed.

 In the course of the conversation, I decided to phone tomorrow and get the pool heated. I would have been in the pool all afternoon today but it's simply too cold. If we get it heated for even two weeks I know I will use it every day. Mike gave me "that face" when I told him I was phoning to get the heater turned on and I told him that he could give me that face all he wanted but the pool would be heated, starting tomorrow. You never know when you come here if you need the pool heated or not. Last year it wouldn't have mattered as it was screaming hot all through the month of march but it's not hot here yet and I feel we are wasting the pool, which we have paid for indirectly, so we will get it warmed up. It will probably take a day or two to get to temp but believe me any help will make a difference. That sucker is cold!!

Starting week two already. This one has been busy but it's hard not to be on the go. I think we will go to see C and L tomorrow after work and have supper with them. Leslie and Brian are seeing friends tomorrow so they will make their own plans. That's about it for today. Another slow news day. Honestly...we miss having bridge partners in residence. Really. HOpe all is well where you are, thanks for reading and I'll be back.



No comments:

Post a Comment