Translate

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Count Down is on

Yesterday Monday, we played golf at Providence, a lovely club close to here. If we had played often during this trip, we wouldn't have played there as it's quite expensive but seeing as we were on our last week we decided to splurge a bit and off we went. It's a beautiful course. Green fairways that are well maintained and lovely greens that are in top notch shape. Not a lot of chances to lose balls but lots of sand and water if you aren't careful. We had a tee off at nine-fifteen but got out early. Not many people playing in fact we encountered only two twosomes throughout the play. I would love to go there again. On the front nine there are houses, and lovely ones at that but the back nine is away from the homes and there are no concerns about a wayward ball. Nice pacing when you are out there alone too. Two men caught up to us when we were on the 18th. Only one small alligator that was pretty disinterested in us. Home early in the afternoon and ate the last two fish cakes we saved from those made for Chris. Yummy!

In the afternoon we picked Chris up and went off to CBW to have supper with The Littles. I made Chicken Pesto Pasta and of course, KEY LIME PIE for dessert. Home for a swim and called tht a day. I am always tired after a round of golf.

Today is another bright sunny cool-ish day with lots of wind. I pretty well finished off my shopping today although I still haven't found all the things I had on my list. So be it. Unless we get into a store of two on the way home that will be it. I got batting with a coupon at Joann's and also a ruler I was looking for. Did a bit of damage at Kohl's as I wanted new patio dinnerware and got some at a bargain there. A bit of Easter shopping for the family and then home. Laundry has to be finished and now the sorting begins. I will have to bring food items to Chris although we can leave things here this year and the cleaners will "take care of it" (take it home and eat it, I suspect). Tonight we are having supper at the little French bistro in Champions Gate at five. Early. Then tomorrow we are spending the day with Chris and Laura.  It was 10C when we left 304 this morning but it's a bit warmer now, except that the wind makes it feel cool. Still we are in shorts and shirts; it's Florida after all. Dry dry dry. No dampness that you would experience in a 10C day in NS. That would make my joints ache. I haven't had an ache in a joint since I got here. I believe it's the dryness.

So counting down. I will have a post tomorrow after we get back and then the next one will be from the road. Sorry to leave The Littles. They will not notice we aren't there after a day or so. We'll notice every day for a long time. There are many possibilities floating around with everyone at this point. They will unfold as the weeks and months progress in this year. It's our hope that everything works out for the best and that travel plans fall into place and good things result for everyone. I guess that's the best we can do. More as times goes by. I'll be back; hope you find the time to sign in too although this is a rather uneventful story this year. Doing my best!!

No comments:

Post a Comment