Translate

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Saturday in the sun

....and in the pool. What a lovely day. Quite warm and bright and sunny. We went to a farmers market first thing this morning and got some great looking tomatoes and some other great things to eat. Finally got to a Joann's in Kissimmee and the longest time I spent there was in the line at the cutting table. I bought twelve yards of fusible fleece for less that $5 a yard. If you are a quilter you know that's $10 a meter at Atlantic Fabrics and probably anywhere else. It was on sale and I didn't have to use one of those valuable 40% off coupons out of the flier. It was on for that price anyway. I wasn't able to find other things on my Joann list and was disappointed. There was a piece of 108" backing for $10/m but it was in two pieces and that rather defeats the purpose, doesn't it?! I didn't find other things I thought would be there and I find that rather frustrating. Nonetheless I did get a couple of things and that's better than yesterday. I hope to run to Micheal's tomorrow. Short list there.

This is pretty high season for the March Break visitors. The middle two weeks in March are noticeably busier on the highways and in the retail outlets, particularly the shopping centers and the outlets. I am staying away from the latter till the last possible day and have only one stop there so it will be guerilla shopping...in and out, doing damage as fast as possible. When we were on our way back here this afternoon the highway going east was practically stogged. Steady close three lanes moving rather fast and then stopped. Nervewracking. We were going west in loose traffic, fast but loose.

This evening we are going to a meet-up with the other Pictou County residents who are staying here in Reserve. Walk over with a drink and say hi. Still trying to put a bridge game together for Monday night. Mike replenished his book supply today so he is good for about a week and then another run to his favorite stall at a flea market. Church tomorrow morning in Celebration and maybe breakfast out after that. There 's a great place called First Watch that I love and haven't visited yet this year.

Feeling great after the swim and shower. The weather looks like it's warming up so a better week on the way. Actually I don't really care what the weather is like.  Brian and Leslie posted a pic on F/book of a portion of Sask covered in snow. They were a bit disappointed!! Home today for them and then work for Brian on Monday. Cruel reality rears it's ugly head!

Hope all is well. I'll be back in a day or so. Thanks for stopping by. Not much exciting to report but this keeps a record for me and I can recall what we were doing from year to year. We would like to be at Bristol Motor Speedway Baby tomorrow but television will have to do!! Gentlemen, start your engines!!

No comments:

Post a Comment