Translate

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Living in the bubble

I am convinced tht when you are on a Florida vacation you are actually living in a bubble, just within your alloted space and not encountering much outside of it. You can move the bubble around but you pretty well stay inside of it. For example, I know we are electing a new pope but that's about it. If Anderson Cooper doesn't talk about it at night, then I don't know about it. I miss the morning paper and reading about what is happening in my province at the least or in the country at best. There is really no local news here. This morning as we were heading to the Florida Mall (we do that once a visit) we were in a traffic jam that lasted for a couple of miles till I spied some man lying on the middle of the street. There is no way that we will ever find out what happened to him...whether he was hit by a car or by a bullet or if her survived. Just saw him for a moment and he is gone from my knowledge. Coming home this afternoon Highway 4 wa almost a parking lot for the best part of five miles. We didn't see anything that was causing it and we will never find out. Another moment in time, gone and done. And that really happens every day at some level.

Yesterday we Picked Chris up after work and had supper at his house. He fired up the Big Green Egg and did smoked chicken which was quite delisious. Most delicious was spending time with Bhreagh and Jocelyn. Jocelyn prompts her: Bhreagh sing your ABC's and she sings away, the odd letter appearing where it should. It's so cute.She is a tired little girl when she gets home from school at five. I am actually meaning Bhreagh there but Jocelyn is tired too. She got moved up into another class yesterday because she was ready to advance out of her 'year' and had a great first day. We stayed till just after seven because that's coming onto bed time and the grands need to be out of the equation for that event. Brian and Leslie are there today and I expect they will be back here at 304 by eight or so. They went to Downtown Disney last night after meeting up with a few of their friends. They leave tomorrow for a few more days in NOLA. We have enjoyed having them here, having seen them six months ago and it will be a while before we are together again.

Aaron and Rika are getting married and I can't say exactly when but it will be in this year I believe. We are very happy about that and daughters in law are particularly excited. Actually we are more than happy...quite over the moon to tell the truth. More when we know more; this thirteen hour time difference is really difficult to navigate around. When I am home we often have a Skype visit first thing in the morning but when we are away in March it doesn't work so well. We have to schedule the visits and that turns out to be a bit of a challenge too. So we do what we can!

And The Florida Mall. We go there once each visit and today was the day. It rained today. not that crazy pounding Florida rain we have experienced a few times but a soft rain that went on and on for a few hours. Good day to shop and everyone else visiting the SS had the same idea. I had a couple of things I wanted to get a Macy's and actually got them. We wandered through the mall area as well but didn't buy anything; just looked. Mike looked at watches that were $8k and I stood by, not trying to look too horrified. The FM is a great place to people watch and people listen and we enjoyed ourselves. When I got home I put on my bathing suit and tried the pool but it's still pretty cold. One more day! I am sure it will be warm enough tomorrow.

So all for now. I am having a few problems publishing these posts; hope this goes through. If you find a couple of them are out of order, it's a technological problem, not me going back in time. Have a good day, I'll be cack. HOpe you aren't getting too tired of this rather slow vacation. We aren't!!

No comments:

Post a Comment