Translate

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Sunny Tuesday

Playing golf in Florida can be a real challenge. Well frankly playing golf for me anywhere is a challenge but here you have to contend often with humidity and hot sun. There aren't a lot of opportunities to be in the shade when you are playing golf. Because of that, yesterday turned out to be the very best kind of day to play. There was far more cloud than sun and mostly cloud in fact and it didn't get hot in that steamy humid day that it can. The day was great and we had a fun time. We played on a course that at one time would have been lovely. Well laid out, lots of water, lots of sand, trees and plenty of houses that were well out of reach except on a hole or two. Unfortunately this course has seen better days but for our first outing, neither of us minded so much. Mike kept saying to me that he was certain we had played there last year but I was just as certain what we hadn't. Finally it donned on him that he and Terry had played one day last year while Norma and I went shopping at The Loop and that's where they went. He was relieved that he finally put the pieces together. We are playing at a better looking course later this week but my game won't look any better. It's a humbling game. A good drive here, a good second shot there but hardly ever in sequence for me. I didn't sink a putt in reasonable time yesterday but I guess I have to remember that it was the first time out and I can only get better. Sure. Better. I'll get back to you on that one.

Bridge last night was interesting with Allan and Carol. Everyone plays that game differently. Everyone has a different way of conveying a strong hand. So we had three different approaches and it made for some miscommunication but hey...we were playing. The night went long and after midnight Mike drove Carol back to her place as she had walked over, not expecting to be so late. She is staying in the complex where we were last year. Allan is just four doors down.

Dinner with Chris and Laura and the Littles today. Corned beef and cabbage. I have to look for a turnip, a yellow turnip, before going over. They are hard to find and sometimes are like softballs, in size and texture. Have you ever tried to cook a softball? Not pretty. Or tasty. Wish me luck.

The pool is warm. Warm. I am not certain if it's not TOO WARM but I can't tell. If the day is cool, like yesterday, you just jump in and it's like a bath. On a hot day, it doesn't feel quite as warm as your body is hot when you get in. Anyway, it is what it is...I paid for it to be heated and so be it. I can do warm but not really cold.

I think we are going out to visit a store or two. It sounds like we are doing a lot of shopping but it's in and out, not long periods of time anywhere. I may check out the LeCreuset outlet for an enamel coated cast iron frying pan. I don't need another casserole. They take up a lot of space and they are so heavy that you don't just flip them in an out of the cupboard with one hand. I see they have come out with another new color...lemon yellow. It's really pretty.

So off to start the day. Hope all is well with you. Carol I hope you noticed that I got your rotating cutting mat and the fusible fleece we talked about. Having trouble finding the rest of the things we put on the Florida list that morning over tea. Needle; haystack. Not easy.

I'll be back; hope it's not sowing where you are!! Tomorrow is spring. Yippee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment