Translate

Friday, March 22, 2013

Catching up on Friday

I try to listen to the CBc in the early morning when I am awake as I don't sleep here after two or three in the morning. I was rather surprised to hear that there is no school again today in Pictou County. I guess the dull morning here at 304 is nothing to complain about. I don't complain about the weather here at all this year. It's more to my liking than the blasting heat we have experienced in the past, last year in particular. I know that if you are here for a week you don't want that week to be the cool one in the month and I fully understand that. I just manage better in this climate. It's 64F here today and a bit overcast. Fine with me. It's still a shorts day. And speaking of clothing, I brought way too much with me. WHAT WAS I THINKING when I pressed and folded all of those pants and shirts?! They will go back in my bag the same way in a week.

TERRA FIRMA!  I practically kissed the ground when we got back from Largo yesterday. GAWD but I hate that drive on RTE4 across the remainder of the state through Tampa. Mike of course doesn't mind it but I am in sheer terror from Plant City till we get to Roger and Maureen's. Where are all of these people going and why are they going so fast!? As you know, you have to keep up or you are a hazard all on your own. So we made it over and got to see the Smith kids all at the same time. We hardly ever see them except when we are here and they are so sweet! They went off to do some shopping and we stayed and had fish chowder for lunch. Thank you Maureen! In order to avoid the heavy traffic  (LOL) we left around two thirty and beat it back across. YIKES!! That didn't work so well.  Some trucker was pounding on his door right beside me and I ignored him till we pulled to a stop and he did it again....I rolled down the window and he pointed north and said "Canada is THAT WAY!" and off we went again. I thought we were about to be victims of road rage and it was just a comedian telling me he knew where nova scotia was! A long swim when we got back and a quiet evening. Good day all around.

Wednesday night we had dinner with Rich and Claire Lello at Charlie's Steak House in Orlando. Quite the place. They bring the tray of steaks to you and introduce you to them. Lots and lots of food; too much really. The server ought to have indicated that servings of sides were huge and we didn't need four, but two would have been sufficient. Additionally the dessert sampler was more of a "feed this section of the restaurant" sampler and not a table for four. We actually had half of it boxed up for take away. It was a lovely evening and we enjoy the chance to spend time with them, by ourselves, as two sets of parents. We will do it again, when we are here.  Lots of chatter about everyone being in Nova Scotia this summer. We are very excited about the prospect but so many dots have to be connected before everyone is on a plane. That's when I will start to get excited.

We have a week left. I guess everyone experiences a fast month in Florida. How is that!!?? In the meantime my shopping list is rather exhausted because I am just tired of searching for things that seem to be eluding me. There will be opportunities on the road to check out the stores that aren't being too helpful to me. There is, for example, a leCreuset outlet in North or South Carolina that I will swing into if I don't get to the one here. We always need a little walk at night after pulling off the road so later on, as we are farther north, I may be able to find a few things I am missing. I dread the thought of packing up but c'est la vie. Bitter/sweet...you know how it goes. On the negative side, I didn't do a lot of things...didn't read two books. Read one that was a let down and just didn't pick up another. Didn't get three square inches done on a stitching project I thought I would finish. One golf game instead of four. Couldn't swim every day because of a variety of reasons. I will do better on that next year. Just looking at the news and the weather is all 70's for next week. Love that.

We will be spending a lot of time with the kids over the next few days. I think Chris has Wednesday off and Laura is off this week for her spring break. Over the weekend we will be doing something together. All of a sudden there are six sleeps before we leave. Maybe seven. Off to start the day. Hope all is well, can't believe there is snow happening in my driveway. I'll be back. Thanks for stopping in.

No comments:

Post a Comment