Translate

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Here at 304

Well this certainly was a good choice of homes, sight unseen, on the internet. Hard to believe that things can work out so well. There is a thing or two that  I don't like but it certainly wouldn't have stopped me from taking the house if I had known that the bathrooms weren't quite as nice as I had hoped or that there is very little counter space in the kitchen. I am not planning to cook that much and the bathrooms...well there are three and only one tub, in the guest bath. Not a problem.

We stayed in Darien Georgia last night and I had a terrible time trying to get a post published and eventually just gave up. We had a funny day yesterday. Day three is supposed to be the easy day but it was greulling. Lots of traffic until we got onto the good roads of Georgia where there are three lanes each way instead of two each way as there were in NC and SC. Mike did all the driving, again, and got us here safely through some heavy areas. Stayed at the Hampton Inn in Darien and had a great supper and another early night. This morning, which seems like a very long time ago, we didn't leave till about seven thirty or so. Traffic was quite light and we drove through Jacksonville and then onto Daytona and switched to highway 4 which brought us directly here. The city of Orlando was cloggy even on a Saturday. It's always a bit hariy going through that stretch along the downtown and I was relieved to get through unscraped!

 When we got to 304 the place was ready and we moved on in. Before we got out things out of the car Terry White and Lynda came by and said hello. They dropped in to check out the interior and agreed with us that it is pretty fine. Then Red McKean, who  lives across the street, came over to say hi also. Alan H and Anne Mac Donald are just a few houses down and I am surprised that they haven't been over yet. Chris and Laura and the little girls were at the strawberry festival in Plant City and dropped in on their way back home. This is the first time they have been to see our digs and were quite impressed with the area itself and the house as well. We are going to their place for an early breakfast in the morning as Chris is headed to Kansas for an overnight business event. Huge change in the girls since last year. A year in the life of a child is huge. Bhreagh was an infant the last time I saw her and she is a charming little toddler who makes herself understood with sign language. Totally amazing. and Jocelyn... a delight. Total delight. So expressive and entertaining. I could eat her face.

We both unpacked this afternoon and expect to have another early night. I have a headache which is just from the stress of the day and will be happy to have a bath and some tea. We went to Publix first thing and did some serious damage there. Some things were missing in the house, things that were in previous condos we had here, so it was a whopping grocery order, with everything from eggs and butter and bread to cascade and palmolive liquid and bathroom paper. Imagine going into an empty house and what you have to buy the first day. That's what we did.

It's cool in the SS today.  Apparently there are a couple of more days like this and then it's going to warm up. I didn't bring clothes for cool weather. Last year I brought three pairs of jeans and never had them on. This year...didn't do that but I sure brought a pile of tshirts. What on earth was I thinking!!?? Brought bridge cards and hope to find a couple of people to play with. Can't have my skills going to pot while on vacation!!

I hope this publishes, and if you are reading it, then I guess it was a successful launch. Still no pictures. Just a little glitch as far as getting them from my camera to the blog. Should get that straightened out real soon. In the meantime, hope things are well with all of you and that you will drop by again. I'll be back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment