Translate

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tuesday March 27th

Another beautiful day. Not quite as humid but still in the mid eighties and that's hot for me. Today we left early and headed to a spectacular golf course called Legends in Claremont. It's a very up town course and Terry was able to get an amazing deal there so off we went. It was a favorite for Mike and Terry.Lots of hills and chasms...not valleys. Gullys. (Gullies?) On the par threes, if you didn't reach the green on your first shot, you were shot. We had a great day and dashed back here to get ready for supper with Chris and Laura and the girlies. Those little girls!! I cannot begin to tell you!

Chris loves to cook and he is so good at it!!!. Tonight we had pulled pork that he started yesterday with a brine and concluded today with ten hours in the oven, rubbed with spices, low and slow. Also a brazilian cut steak that was delicious, done on the grill. A couple of salads that we brought and a cake creation of Laura's. I have to include here that today was my birthday and a three layer chocolate cake with a chocolate butter cream frosting topped with one of Laura's flowers was our dessert.  Pictures to follow! The Piece de resistance was Jocelyn singing Happy Birthday to me. This was one of the best birthdays ever! Thanks to all for making it such a great day. Some of you know that Laura specializes in cakes and decorating them with flowers or other design features. She is quite the talented lady and pulls if all off without ever breaking a sweat. A busy Mom all around. She is so good at that too!

Tomorrow is the Doreys last full day here. They fly out on Thursday morning. We will have one more visit with Chris and Laura and Jocelyn and Bhreagh and then we will be leaving on Friday morning. Mike and I haven't talked about that whole process yet... I imagine we will thrash out the route on Thursday but I believe we will go home the same way we came, through Penn, as we have done before. There will be things left undone; things we planned to do or hoped to do that just didn't get taken care of.Nothing too serious. A month goes by very quickly and I am happy I decided to do this blog so that I can actually go back and see what we did most days.

A few more posts to come if you are interested.

 My biggest problem will be getting everything into the car when the time comes to leave. I didn't wear the two pair of long pants I brought along, or anything that had long sleeves. I must remind myself of that when packing for next year. No real critical mistakes. Late night after a long day. Time to hop into bed and read for five minutes...that seems to be my limit these nights. Back later.


No comments:

Post a Comment