Translate

Friday, March 9, 2012

Fabulous Friday

Well this was a great day in the SS. We golfed at the Royal St Cloud Links and had a fabulous outing. What a spectacular course. It's a links course and quite rugged in places. Lots of sand and water and dunes. There is a video on line worth watching just to get a sense of the course. Cart and eighteen for $30. Probably more than lots of people pay but it was well worth it. We all loved it. Hot!! We teed off at nine- o-four with a starter from PEI. He lives here for six months and works a day a week for free golf. Sounds like a deal to me. Anyway by the time we finished it was pretty hot for sure. However there was cold beer in Davenport and we barbecued burgers and ate key lime pie for dessert.

You may know I have been struggling with the after affects of a tooth extraction that I had done just before we came. Finally I seem to be on the winning side and although it may seem to have been a poor choice to have it done before coming here, I couldn't take the chance of having it flare up while here and having to have the proceedure done away from home. Fortunately I had taken a course of antibiotics with me and I took them as a precautionary measure and things are looking good at this point in time. Hoping for the best.

We are really pleased with our location and how the first week has gone. The Doreys are great to spend time with and we have played bridge every day so far. Keeping a running score. No surprise to me...MVM is in the lead but I am firmly in second; had a bad night last night but my first couple of days were great so I had some wiggle room. Now that we have been fed, we are ready to get at it again. Right now we are watching.....golf!!

I hope my boys are reading along. No one is commenting so I don't know if anyone at all is reading except Carol! And Jane LL!! Jane commented! Thanks Jane!!!

We are going to Busch Gardens on Monday and to Bonnie and Peter's on Tuesday. Jocelyn's birthday is Wednesday although her party isn't till the weekend. I hope to get out and do some shopping tomorrow and maybe even get out for breakfast. I told Mike today that I didn't want to cook on the weekend. I don't do it at home and certainly don't want to do it here. Chris is back from Arizona today but busy on Saturday so we will be in Orlando on Sunday for part of the day.
 I don't have to say how much I love to visit with that family. They are all totally sweet.

So that seems to be it for this time. We seem to have our computer issues resolved. I have to do this on Mike's laptop as the keyboard on the SamTab is just too tiny, and digital to boot. Good for the basics but for any amount of typing I just can't do it.

Hope you find time to drop by again. All is well here. Wishing the same for you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment