Translate

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Starting Week Three

I can't believe we are in week three of this holiday. I am at the point that I am checking my Florida List to be sure that I am touching all the bases and getting the things done I hoped to do. Monday we played golf again at the Royal St Cloud and I really like that course. It's long and challenging but we had a great time and unfortunately won't be back there again this trip. Our next outing is on Tuesday the 27th and we are playing a lovely course called Legends and it's pricey but we got 'a deal' on line so we will see how the fancy people play that day. Yesterday's game was played in more moderate weather than the last time we played there but it was still in the mid eighties when we finished and so we decided to eat at the restaurant there and take our time on the way back. The food was great at this place as well. They have lots going for them. The night after a golf game is pretty slow and of course, the new season of Dancing With The Start started so I watched (most of) that. Today was kind of a day off.

We went over to Orlando this afternoon and picked Chris up at work. Had supper with them and got our dose of grand children which wasn't quite long enough. Chris showed me how to play Words With Friends and also Draw Something so I hope to find someone to play with one of these days. Tomorrow we are having dinner with Laura's parents at Maggianos which is a really swell Italian restaurant in Pointe Orlando.....did I tell that already? I am very much looking forward to getting to know them better.

Heather and Carol Robertson are here in this complex...haven't seen them but Allan and Anne MacDonald were here a couple of nights ago and told me the Robertsons had just arrived.

Working on a few books right now. I am finishing The Sisters Brothers even though the book club has already finished/discussed it. Ready to start Member of The Wedding by Carson McCullers. I hope it's as good or even nearly as good as The Heart is a Lonely Hunter. Trying to make my choice for book club for May...I have a couple of options to choose from.

Driving does not seem quite as hectic this week as last. I really don't like being on the road in this tangle of drivers, each going as fast as humanly possible. I wonder where all of these important people are going!!??

That's about it for tonight. I am working on a cross stitch project in the daylight hours that are not filled with something else. We are not out and about in the evenings for the most part. Once the sun is down, we are in. I know a lot of the PC people who are here are out running around after dark but we seem to keep a pretty low profile in the evening hours. I miss no being able to prepare a meal; we just don't have the ingredients at hand here and there is no point in buying things that will not be used after the one recipe. I am going to cook a turkey when I get home, maybe a turkey I buy in Maine as we are on the home jaunt.

Thanks for dropping by. I miss talking to Brian and Aaron...can't do Skype the way we do at home for several reasons, mostly technological, but they are big boys and they understand. I still miss them though!! FYI, I won't have access at all on the tab from here on. We can't seem to get it established here and Mike has tried many different methods. Just not working for us. I'll be back tomorrow night; hope you can check in again.

No comments:

Post a Comment