Translate

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Changed plans

Plans are meant to be changed I suppose. We had another early morning today and stayed on the road for another twelve hours. Very hungry and a little cranky by the time we get off the 495, so here we are close to Lowell Mass and I believe we will be home tomorrow night. I have shopping to do in Maine both fabric and grocery, as well as some real shopping and that will be done so tack on twelve hours of driving and we will have another long day. Did I say ANOTHER ?? I don't mind one long day but two is a bit much and I am dreading the thought of three but here we are.

Good drive today. Quite uneventful except that it kept getting colder and colder the farther north we drove and I have to think we looked pretty funny in the restaurant this evening in shorts. Will it come as a surprise to say we were the only ones in such clothing? I have yoga pants for tomorrow and I may even put the sandals away and go with the more appropriate Nikes so as to blend in a bit.

It is starting to look like spring as we moved along today. There are treees covered with blossoms of some kind. One tree in particular had purple blooms and I would have loved to get a close up pic but hopping out of the car on an interstate was a bit out of the question. Lots of white blossoms and also the same bright pink ones I saw in Charlotte last year. Beautiful. All of this against the grey brown that prevades the countryside at this time of year.

So early to bed and early to rise. Next post will be from home, after an adventure at the border and a long day. HOpe there is no snow along the way. Till then,.....

No comments:

Post a Comment