Translate

Monday, March 26, 2012

Starting week four

Well we are back in business and my blog is working again so I can get caught up a bit this morning. On Saturday I was pretty tired and the backs of my legs were very sore from the standing. I can walk but I can't stand...did I say that already? We went over to the Florida Family in the morning in the hopes of having a breakfast outing but out place of choice was telling us a 45 minute wait which doesn't work with a 68 year old man in tow. Second choice wasn't serving breakfast so it was an early lunch. Laura had run a 10k that morning, in the dark, and everyone was up very very early so by the time we made it back to 4910, everyone was ready for a nap. We figured discretion was the better part of valour and said good bye and headed to Davenport. The Bayhill looked good from the living room with a cold drink and air conditioning.

My Sunday observation: we attended Mass at Corpus Christi Parish in the (affluent) community of Celebration. You may know that Celebration is a very upscale region asssociated with Disney and there are dozens and dozens of restrictive covenants that determine what your property looks like. It's beautiful. It's very detailed and not for everyone. REally it looks a little like a movie set. That having been said, the church was beautiful. Quite new. A little Spanish looking but the demographic is definitely older. When we attend church in Bayhill at Holy Family, the congregation is made up of young families and Mike and I would stand out as visiting grandparents among all of these children and 30-something moms and dads. Not so in Celebration. Old people. As far as the eye could see. A few families, but mostly retired people. It looked like Our Lady of Lourdes in Stellarton! But wealthier. And both parishes are lily white which is interesting considering the make-up of the population in the area. Maybe these observations apply to the Masses we attended; it's just what we saw during the month.

Don't come to Florida without your Frizz-ease hair spray. The humidity here will turn your hair into limp strands of thread. Frizz-ease is the only answer. Just a suggestion. Does not apply to men but I have been going around looking like Margaret Thatcher for several days but my hair isn't going anywhere. I just have to live with the look!! The humidity is going down almost as we speak. It's beautiful out there right now.

Mike and Terry are golfing this morning and Norma and I are going to The Loop for a bit of retail therapy. Tomorrow we are going to have dinner with Chris and Laura and the girlies. The four of us are going. The Doreys are getting ready to leave on Thursday morning but there's a golf game at The Legends in Claremont. That ought to be a good outing. It's a lovely course, apparently and we got 'a deal' on the greeen fees.

So that's it for today. I finished The Sisters Brothers and could write about that but I will spare you my book review and say only that I liked it in spite of the gruesome imagery and deep sadness that prevailed throughout the book. There was redemption for two apparently lost souls. It seems that my book club turned thumbs down on it at the meeting this month, that I wasn't able to attend.

More in a day or less. HOpe the weather is glorious where you are. There is a sameness about it here in the sunshine state... hard to find fault with that in March!!

No comments:

Post a Comment