Translate

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

24 in the morning

I took a jaunt to Publix this morning before 10am and it was 24C already. Low humidity this day so you don't feel the heat quite as much. We have never had this kind of weather in our previous visits. There is often a day in the 70's but there was nothing that cool during the whole month of March. It's quite amazing how fast the month goes by. Cliche, I know. I have my thoughts together as far as getting ready to leave but that's about all. I have to sort out the timing on the trip as I would llike to be in Maine to do some shopping on Monday before we get home that evening. Timing is everything when travelling with Mike. We never wait around for something. It has to be there when we get there or we're gone so if I am to get to Mardens, we have to be there WHILE it's open. As I recall, it closes early on Sunday so this might be a problem. Plus he keeps reminding me that we lose an hour when we leave Maine so it's go go go while driving through that enormous state.

So cruel reality is creeping up on us. Mike is ready to go back to work and I am thinking 'quilt show' and such things. I can't wait to get back in a regular walking routine but I have to say I have had lots of exercise this trip. The massage on the 11th is going to feel great for sure. I put on two pounds in the month which isn't that bad, really. We had three key lime pies and chocolate cake and I enjoyed every morsel. Two pounds isn't so bad. I may have lost that yesterday, but maybe not. (I lost a pink golf ball though). We had great Italian at Maggianos and so it goes. Vacation. March. So what?! That's what April is for! Pruning down.

Hope all is well in your nest. I looked at the NS WebCams and it looks a bit like winter. Probably looks like spring by now, as March snow doesn't last long. Incidentally, the new moon is very high in the sky here. Check it out tonight and see how low it is in NS. Venus is very high also.

I'll be back, probably tomorrow. Take care everyone. You are brave to be following these rants!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment