Translate

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Tuesday night and everything is packed

Everything is ready except...the weather isn't cooperating. Nasty February weather. When I checked each of the points of interest: Amherst, Moncton, Fredericton and Bangor...it's forecast to snow there tomorrow just when we will be arriving. A little disappointing. Each year we head out, we are faced with the prospect of bad driving conditions. We could wait and leave on Thursday which will put us at 621 on time but apparently we are heading out a day early.

Packing is a drag. I could have a whole suitcase filled with hair and body products, soaps and lotions and potions too numerous to mention. Night creams and day creams (can they really tell the difference?). Mousse and the invaluable Frizz-ease hair spray. Curling iron, flat iron; hair dryer? There had better be one somewhere in that house!! Walking shoes and pretty shoes and just plain comfortable shoes. The clothes are really the easiest items to select. Yes or no to the long pants; which jeans? The clothes pack very well - flat. Everything else is bulky and awkward. But it's done. If I don't have it and find that I need it...that's what malls are for.

Food is ready for the journey. We try to eat on the fly for the first day. Sandwiches, grapes, bananas and a case of water. And of course yogurt. And a tea pot. Florida houses don't have tea pots. May as well take one and avoid having to buy one. Who wants tea made in a cup?! and yes, a very large box of tea. I am not even going to TALK ABOUT  the electronics. A few years back, when I was writing a blog for the first time, I wrote an entry loosely titled How Many Electronic Devices Does it Take to Get Two People To Florida. Plenty!! Major Plenty. I made a bag just to hold my cables and chargers. Mike has his in a box (albeit a medium sized one, but a box nonetheless!). REally...do we need all of this? Yes. We do.

Do you realize how much space golf clubs take in a car? When Chris lived in Florida we left a bag there and just put the clubs in the car at the end of the packing. Now we need a bag. Mike uses a small Sunday bag but we take a full sized one too.

So the end result is that we are ready. HOpe the drive is safe and uneventful. We got the package for the phones, installed the satellite radio in my car, bought the cat litter and food and new toys and spray cat nip (who knew there was such a thing??). Photocopied the important documents, changed the money (now that's a sad story in itself), and did I mention the BOOKS? Yes I did. Mine are electronic for the most part but I have three that I dropped into a bag. Ten pounds of flour (don't ask). A fiddle. In a case that's almost as big as my golf bag. (When I was buying a case for the fiddle I commented to Mike that cases were very expensive; more than I thought but I knew I couldn't carry it around in a Sobeys bag. His response to me was "Well Anne, it's not like you are going out on tour." OMG!!!)

Well ... time for bed. Thanks for taking the time to read the ramblings. I'll be back tomorrow night, hopefully from deep in New England. Nighty Night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment