Translate

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Getting ready

Getting ready to head south for six or seven weeks takes a lot of planning. Really. There is a house to leave. Cats to provide for. Well...I guess that's all there REALLY  is to do but aside from that, the mail has to be up to date, receiving and sending; the fuel oil tank should be full; the car ought to be ready for a long drive (note to self for the day: call Honda!! TODAY!). Go to the bank and get some of those TINY Canadian dollars. Strike many items off the "to buy" list and make sure the things that remain on said list are worth the purchase. Make sure the JoAnne coupons are coming in as they are supposed to or those things on the to buy list will not be purchased. I want a new iron this year that never has to be tipped back on its tail. When you stop using it, little feet pop out from the bottom and elevate the iron till you need it again. As soon as you touch the handle, it drops down into working position. Needless to say I need a 50% off coupon from JoAnne's for that one. It comes in pink and yellow. Choices choices and choices. The list goes on and on but those of you who do this every year know what I am talking about and we all manage.

Mike is stockpiling books like a chipmunk stockpiles acorns. I don't know how long he is planning top stay but he has enough books for an entire winter. I have a few things in the entertainment department ready to go as well. I frequently do counted cross stitch if it rains and I have enough good light. Books too but they're on my tablet. I am going to Water Street Studio this weekend to pick up a jig saw puzzle. They have fantastic puzzles there. I would be doing one here at the Ranch but the cats love to be on a table I work at so that's not going to work. As soon as Daisy hears me at my sewing machine, she is there. Just for company I guess. And to be in the way.

Today I am having lunch with Carolyn and then a couple of errands this afternoon. Winter is here with a vengeance and it will be a pleasure to head to warmer climes. I am loving looking at Sharon's pictures from the DR. I can feel the warmth!

Back in a day or so to get accustomed to this platform. HOpe you enjoy following along with us this year. It won't be groundbreaking and we will refrain from doing brain surgery along the way but it will be just another Florida drive and hopefully a safe and happy one. Till the next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment