Translate

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Starting the countdown

The countdown has really begun this morning. I can tell because I am doing things that have been on "the list" and today is their day. Unimportant things. Changing the wall hanging in the living room which means getting the next one ready and getting the one that's been there for two months ready to store till next November. Not terribly important but when I come back into this house in April, the first thing I see should be 'spring like' and not red and green holly baskets. Therefore, important. Then there's the sorting of magazines that have accumulated beside my chair and favorite sewing spot. Again, not terrible important, but that needs to be sorted and purged and it will be so good to have it done in April. Once again, relatively important. And of course, there's the dreaded SEWING TABLE. For the most part, I don't have anything that has to be done (started) this weekend but I have a couple of things to FINISH. Important. And yet, there is but one thing on my calendar for today and that's a dinner invite. VERY IMPORTANT. So lovely that I don't have to think about preparing a meal tonight.

I checked the weather sites this morning, the long term forecasts for Maine, Mass and the Poconos and all looks good. Nothing but sunshine. So much better than seeing the threat of snow. Nonetheless, any of those locations could spring a little zinger on us and we could be driving through nasty weather conditions at any time. WEather forecasting is not a perfect science. We all know that. I would like it to be close to perfect for the next week. Not terribly worried about anything south of Georgia although they have had some nasty ice storms there in recent memory.

Packing little bags. Entertainment bags. Mike is stowing books like a squirrel stores acorns for winter. I may not have a conversation with him for the first seven days at 621. New number this year. I am going to stand in front of our previous abode and scowl at the current residents as they drive in. Yes...packing little bags. Making lists. Departure could be WEdnesday at the latest. Tuesday if we are really super organized for the next couple of days. The car goes to HOnda on MOnday morning for the oil change. It will be ready and we will be too, in a couple.

Having a bit of trouble with the blog. It doesn't want to publish as soon as I write. Could be a problem but for now, I will try again. Thanks for catching up. Back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment