Translate

Monday, February 25, 2013

Saturday things

REally just counting the days away right now and doing laundry and ironing so that the clothes that have been in drawers or storage are ready to wear in a week. I always bring too much along with me and I am going to try to take less this year, some of that completely out of my hands. I had a JOckey Person 2 Person home party over a week ago and although my items were ordered last mOnday, they have yet to arrive. I had planned on taking most of those things with me and my hope is that they arrive on Monday but that's likely over optimistic. Tuesday perhaps. Right now we are targeting Wednesday as our lift off day which gives us four days to arrive in Davenport. On that...

Two days ago I thought I had better contact the home owner and get the final details in print for our stay. I sent email to her and it was returned, so I sent it again and again and again, every two hours, for 24!! NOTHING! By this time Mike was certain we had been taken and suggested I start looking for another place. I made a few contacts and then last night, mail from Debbie. Her email address wasn't working and that was the reason behind the email silence. I told her I was practically frantic by this time and she was quite sympathetic, but we are good to go now with all of the information and codes in our pockets. Also called the US bank today and straightened out a couple of details with them so all we need now is good weather and a bit of a tail wind. I will make a great lunch to have on the road with lobster sandwiches and plenty fruit and some of JoLynn's oat cakes! I have my Florida shopping list made and it's a bit shorter than usual. No LeCreuset casserole this year but perhaps a frying pan. It would be just wrong to come home without another piece albeit a small one! Can't really think about shopping just yet though.

So it's still winter and quite cold at 124. Chris says it's in the 80's in the Sunshine State. Chores and details to take care of this weekend so I am off to check a couple of items off the list. Stay tuned if you can stand the tedium!!

1 comment:

  1. Okay -- I found it and have read the prep entries. You'll be glad to get on the road then the getting ready is done and you're off, ready or not. Enjoy yourselves as we enjoy reading about your happenings.

    ReplyDelete