Translate

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The dreaded day two

Well the fact that I am writing this indicates a successful day on the road. \not as long a day as yesterday but ten hours is quite sufficient. Both of us were quite tired this morning as we didn't sleep well and fatigue seemed to set in quite early. We don't stop to eat as I pack a great lunch that does us for three days and we always have water and when we stop to fuel up, we get coffee for the driver and that's about it. I just drink the water but not as much as I do when  I am at home, for the obvious reason: the Honda Accord does not come equipped with a loo.

Well I must say that Mike is a Road Warrior. We left at seven this morning and headed into the mountains with a plan to get from Auburn Mass to Richmond VA by 5pm. Were it not for the four hours of snow and bad driving rain that made for difficult progress, we would have made it. As it is, we are less than an hour out of Richmond, at Fredericksburg, and have a great hotel early. I think we will have a good night as we both have books to read and we are not as stressed as we were last night. The last hour last night was in the dark in  speeding traffic and using a flashlight to follow the map and the GPS. Not the best conditioins for sure.

We are just decompressing for a few minutes and then will take a run out for a bit of dinner. Lots of choices as this is a major destination and there is a bit of everything here.

Tomorrow on Day 3, I will take a turn doing some driving.  Now that we are out of the really heavy traffic and such, I don't mind taking a turn and he can read and play Henry the Navigator Today he was not a bit concerned about the messy roads and the trucks that were zooming past us, spraying us with sluch and mess. He is so calm. He is so accustomed to driving nin NS in all kinds of weather and combine that with the excellent care these states give to their highways in bad weather. It was pretty impressive.

The weather went from -4 this morning to 8C right now. No snow whatsoever here and the grass is just starting to get green.

That's about the download for today. I didn't shop at |Mardens yesterday. May drop in on the way home but it's not a huge priority with me. Looking forward to a good sleep tonight. Thanks for dropping in to read the news, such as it is. I know Carol read yesterday...let me know if you are checking this out. Cheerio for now...more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment